- This event has passed.
Judaism GPT, an exploration of what AI means and will mean for the practicing liberal Jew, presented by Dan Woods. (Multi-access Tish)
June 10 @ 9:00 am - 9:50 pm EDT
Judaism GPT, an exploration of what AI means and will mean for the practicing liberal Jew, presented by Dan Woods.
For many years, the rise of Google search, Sefaria, and of the electronic versions of key reference texts such as the Jewish Study Bible have lowered the cost of satisfying your curiosity about Judaism. But there is a new rabbi in town: ChatGPT, one that didn’t go to rabbinical school, one that knows almost everything and is far more available than even the most accessible rabbi. How will ChatGPL change our Jewish lives? This Tish will seek to answer the following questions:
- What are the limits of the Jewish learning accessible through ChatGPT?
- What impact will ChatGPT have on the learning liberal Jew?
- What impact will ChatGPT have on the synagogue?
- How will this new Rabbi change liberal Judaism?
- How does ChatGPT answer questions and does it matter?
Multi-access Tishes are held at 9:00 a.m. ET on Shabbat in the SAJ Social Hall in person and also can be attended using the Zoom room listed below.
SAJ members often arrive 10 minutes early at the Social Hall and on Zoom to enjoy schmoozing.
Tish Zoom Room:
- Meeting ID: 964 139 778
One tap mobile
- +19292056099,,964139778# US (New York)
Dial by your location
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)