Key dates, payment options, and what to expect.
- Achshav: Alternative Winter Break will run daily Sunday, December 27 – Thursday, December 31.
- Sign-ups are open now through December 14.
- Achshav: Alternative Winter Break is being offered on a sliding scale of $100 – $360 per student.
- Scholarships may be available.
- Paying more than the minimum will enable another student to attend Camp, and will help us pay our educators and counselors.
- Think: How much would I otherwise spend for my child to go on vacation, to the movies, museums, etc this week?
- You can read more about sliding scale payment options here.
What to expect:
- Students should plan to attend 3-5 Zoom sessions over the course of 4-5 hours daily.
- Each day will consist of two bunk, or cohort sessions, a daily lesson and workshop, and time to work on a partner project.
- Bunks, or cohorts, will be counselor-lead small groups that allow for more intimate, in-depth procession and discussions
- The daily lesson and workshops will be led by skilled professional educators—a different set every day!
- Partner projects allow students to have an opportunity to reinforce each day’s lessons around a topic of their choosing
- Though the program will come to a close by the end of the week, students will walk away with new connections, skills, and approaches to current events that they can take back to the classroom, conversations, and beyond.